COVID-19 Status Update
June 23rd, 2020
At LafSqChiro, our safety procedures during the COVID-19 crisis were developed early and have been fine tuned in countless small ways over the past few months. We were deemed essential and have remained open to serve our community this entire time. Our first priority is to do so SAFELY! Although we encourage you to read through the previous posts/updates regarding our procedures below, this list provides a brief overview for clients new to our site.
LafSqChiro COVID-19 Protocol Overview
- New clients or clients reentering care are asked extensive screening questions to reduce risk of COVID-19 transmission. Please text or call 314.436.3050 when you arrive for your appointment so you can be screened!
- Each team member and client has temperature screened prior to entering clinic (at door-touchless thermometer). Please text or call 314.436.3050 when you arrive for your appointment so you can be screened!
- Air purification systems featuring PECO technology have been installed throughout clinic
- Social distancing protocols are followed inside the practice and we currently limit office capacity to 10 people or less. During our busiest hours you may be asked to wait outside or in your vehicle so that we can continue to follow this protocol, we appreciate your understanding and cooperation.
- Our team is supplied with PPE, including masks, face shields, and gloves and use these safety measures as is appropriate/needed.
- Although our core onsite team has, thus far, remained healthy while serving during this pandemic, we will also be offering COVID-19 antibody testing to our employees free of charge in the near future.
- Our office is deep cleaned weekly by a professional company, and high traffic areas are sanitized multiple times a day. Chiropractic tables and adjusting/screening devices are fully disinfected between EACH client.
- All clients are encouraged to adhere to CDC recommendations and to notify us (and their medical team/health department) immediately if they develop COVID-19 symptoms.
April 22nd, 2020
We are glad to announce that the Molekule air purifiers we ordered several weeks ago have now arrived and are operational in our clinic today! Dr. Crystal and April have used this technology in their home for years and are impressed with the quality of the product.
We chose this particular air purification system because it utilizes PECO technology. "PECO is an innovative technology that utilizes free radicals-to break down pollutants at a molecular level, including VOCs, bacteria, mold, viruses, and allergens." (https://molekule.com/technology)
To be clear, no research (to our knowledge) has yet been done on this technology's ability to remove or destroy SARS-CoV-2 (the virus which causes COVID-19). Also use of air purifying technology does NOT replace or reduce the need for all other CDC/WHO recommended safety protocols (eg., washing hands and sanitizing high traffic areas frequently).
This is one more way Lafayette Square Chiropractic Centre is investing in the safety and health of our clients and team.
If you would like to learn more about Molekule please check out these links:
March 25th, 2020
In addition to our internal staff "during shift" cleaning and sanitizing protocols, our professional cleaning company is now cleaning our office daily instead of weekly to further ensure your safety.
We are happy to support another small local business during these challenging times.
March 22nd, 2020
Now, more than ever, we are here and open to serve clients and fulfill our mission of “Empowering YOUR family to embrace, healthy, happy and active lifestyles."
With that in mind, we ask that you start by reviewing our original March 15th post (see below) regarding our COVID-19 safety procedures.
In addition, this week we have implemented the following policies to help protect our team and clients:
- All LafSqChiro team members/employees, including our doctors, have their temperature checked at the start of their work day/shift. If the temperature is over 100 Fahrenheit they will be sent home and advised to seek medical attention.
- To ensure the safety of our clients, for the time being, we will also be screening ALL client’s temperatures. We ask that clients text/call us when they arrive for their appointment: 314.436.3050. A team member will come out to your car/the parking lot and check your temperature with a “no touch” forehead themometer. If it is under 100 Fahrenheit you are will be able to come in for your appointment as usual. If it is over 100 Fahrenheit, we will advise you to follow up with your medical doctor immediately.
- All LafSqChiro employees have been instructed to halt discretionary travel due to our national state of emergency, and local “stay at home” orders. Clients are advised to do the same.
Self Quarantine Guidelines
- If you, or someone in your household, is exhibiting symptoms that could be associated with COVID-19 infection (fever, cough, shortness of breath) or has tested positive for COVID-19, we ask that you IMMEDIATELY self quarantine as a safety precaution for our larger community and those most vulnerable. Please also contact your medical doctor and our team to notify us. We will advise you when you can resume chiropractic care (based on evolving CDC recommendations).
- We encourage clients to consider using our “Park & Text/Call” option (see details below) to help with social distancing. It allows you to use your car or our parking lot as a reception area during this crisis.
- We have also decreased seating in our reception area to in order to do our part to encourage social distancing. We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to keep the number of team members and clients in our practice below ten (10) people, we may also ask clients to wait in their car during our busiest hours.
Our clients have experienced many major life changes in a shockingly short amount of time. We know that many of you are grieving and scared. Our team is here to support you through this crisis. We view our LafSqChiro clients as our extended family, and we are honored to be part of your healthcare team, especially at this difficult time. Let us know what you need, and how we can help. Let’s all get through this together.
March 15, 2020
Dear LafSqChiro Community,
Like the rest of Saint Louis and the world, our LafSqChiro team has been monitoring the Coronavirus/COVID-19 outbreak, and we personally share our patients’ concerns about safety for themselves and their families.
We know you’re flooded with messages like this right now, so we appreciate you taking a few moments to review this one.
Please read this in its entirety, especially if you are an active client, however, if you do not, we want to leave you with one thought:
Stay strong, take care of each other, and let’s get through this together.
We also recognize the extreme stress and disruption to daily life (in areas such as, work, childcare, caring for aging loved ones and finances) many of you are currently facing. Please know that we care about each of you and are here to help in any way we can. After 15 years of practice and service to our community, we view our practice members as part of our extended family, and our hearts go out to you at this time.
The bottom line is this: as citizens of the world, we are each called to do our part to help minimize the spread of this virus, especially to those in our community who are the most vulnerable. As healthcare professionals, we take that responsibility seriously.
Overview of the Current Situation:
Four days ago, on March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) declared COVID-19 (aka, the novel Coronavirus) a pandemic. The WHO director said hope remains that it can be curtailed, if proper actions are taken to minimize the spread of the virus.
Safety practices we are taking INSIDE our office to protect your health:
As a healthcare office, we have always had high standards for office cleanliness. Given the current outbreak, we have instituted additional practices to help further protect our clients and team:
- Most importantly, we have instructed all team members and all clients to please stay home if they have ANY symptoms or indication they may be ill.
- As always, same-day cancellation fees will be waived in the case of illness. -Adjusting tables are fully sanitized between EACH client.
- Clients may opt to have an additional barrier (sanitized towel) placed on the facepiece during their adjustment.
- Doctors and interns wash hands multiple times per shift and use hand sanitizer between EACH adjustment/client contact.
- Support staff wash hands multiple times per shift and use hand sanitizer between direct client interactions (like handling credit cards/money/etc.)
- All hard surfaces and high client contact areas are sanitized BEFORE and AFTER each shift (e.g., door knobs/light switches/bathroom surfaces/chairs/ink pens, etc.)
- Hand sanitizer that complies with CDC recommendations1 is utilized and available in each treatment room and at the front desk for clients and our team.
- Children’s toys will be temporarily removed from our office at this time for safety. Kids may be scared right now and they like their routines, so you may want to let them know this ahead of time. We will provide individual coloring sheets as well as individual (single use) crayons. If they prefer, feel free to have them bring a toy of their own with them to your family’s appointment.
Social Distancing, Park & Text/Call Option:
As an additional safety precaution, clients may now opt to text/call our team when arriving for their chiropractic appointment. You may then wait in our parking lot and our team will text/call you when your room is ready. This option will minimize contact with other clients before your scheduled appointment time.
Please note that this “Park & Text/Call” practice is optional, NOT mandatory at this time. If you are healthy, you are welcome to use our reception area as usual.
However, we currently ARE highly recommending use of the “Park & Text/Call” option for any of our practice members who are in what the CDC has identified as “high risk populations,” which include the following:
- Older adults (they do not list exact age on their website)
- People who have serious chronic medical conditions like:
- Heart disease
- Lung disease
We are sorry, but for those of you who love our office dogs, unfortunately, they cannot visit your car while you wait for your adjustment! =)
Safety practices we recommend OUTSIDE our practice
Because we are committed to providing the most current “safe practices” advice to our clients during this outbreak, we recommend you frequently check the CDC’s official website (see link below) for the most up to date information.
CDC COVID-19 Recommendations for Individuals and Families
Additional links and resources
The current national focus is on how to prevent/reduce contact with and spread of COVID-19. This is crucial to minimize the impact of the virus.
In addition, as holistic health providers, we believe there should also be a focus on strengthening and supporting our natural immunity and lung/respiratory health at this time.
The reality is, some people in our community will contract the virus. Current statistics indicate that, for the majority of those that do, full recovery is likely.
Having a healthy immune system is crucial to help minimize the chance of contracting all communicable illnesses and to minimize the most extreme complications if we do become ill.
These are links we believe may be useful to you and your family at this time:
Lung & Respiratory Health
- https://www.lung.org/lung-health-and-diseases/protecting-your-lungs/breathing- exercises.html
General Immune Function
- https://www.healthline.com/health/food-nutrition/foods-that-boost-the-immune- system
Chiropractic Care & Immune Function
At Lafayette Square Chiropractic Centre, your health has always been, and will always be, our first priority. With that in mind, we will continue to vigilantly monitor the CDC’s advice for healthcare professionals during this outbreak. As necessary, we will continue to make changes to our daily operating procedures in accordance with best practice guidelines.
We understand your lives are likely in a great deal of flux right now as well, and thus, we will be as flexible and accommodating as we can with any necessary schedule changes. We do still request if you need to make any changes you provide us with a minimum of 24 hours advance notice so we can attempt to meet the needs of all our clients.
Our office manager, April, is available to answer questions and concerns regarding our COVID-19 response and protocols.
Please direct inquiries to:
Email: [email protected]
Call or text: 314.517.5507
We know how compassionate, smart and resilient our clients are and trust we will all get through these challenging times together. Please know our team is sending hundreds of virtual hugs to you and your families right now, and in case you need some extra stress relief, check out the fur babies below!
Yours in Health,
Dr. Crystal B. Peairs, April Breeden Peairs, and the LafSqChiro Team
PS-The pups can't wait to see you soon.